Pre-employment medicals are often an important part of the recruitment process. The Silverstream Health Centre offer these and other company employment and workplace related assessments, depending on your needs as well as those of your employer or potential employer.
We do understand that healthy and fit employees are critical for their, as well as an organisation’s or companies, performance and productivity and that staff illness is a risk which can be managed. An employment (or company) medical can help organisations manage their health risks and assist employees with rehabilitation.
Pre-employment medical can include:
- medical history
- height, weight and blood sugar
- vision, hearing and lung function testing
- cardiovascular assessment
- musculoskeletal assessment
- urine analysis
- urine drug screening
- if necessary we can liaise with our local physiotherapist when a comprehensive musculoskeletal assessment is required
Post-employment, workplace or company medicals cover similar areas – a comprehensive medical examination and history, physical and nutritional treatment plans where appropriate, lab work and diagnostic testing and follow up where necessary.
When you make your appointment for a pre-employment, workplace or company medical, we inform you of the tests and other requirements that will need to be undertaken.
If you would like to have Pre Employment checks or Employment Medicals completed for your employees please contact Arna email@example.com
We will need to register your company in our system so please supply your company name, address, company contact person and company contact numbers.
To register employees under your company we will need the employees full name, date of birth, contact number and ethnicity.
What we can cover in these medicals:
- instant Drug Screen or ESR Drug testing
- physical – BP, Pulse, Height, Weight, BMI and routine urine screen
- range of movement
- blood sugar finger test
Pricing on employment medicals vary depending on what is involved. Before requesting ESR drug test your company must be registered with ESR please contact them for their terms and conditions.
Driver’s Licence Medicals
For the safety of everyone on our roads, all drivers must be medically fit to drive. You have to prove that you are medically fit each time you apply for, renew, or replace your drivers’ licence.
Driving medicals are carried out by the doctors at the Silverstream Health Centre.
You’ll need to present a medical certificate when:
- applying for or renewing a heavy vehicle licence (class 2,3,4,5), unless you’ve provided a certificate within the last five years
- applying for or renewing endorsements for passengers (P), vehicle recovery services (V), driving instruction (I) or testing officer (O) unless you’ve provided a certificate within the last five years
- you have a medical condition that may affect your ability to drive safely
- you’re an older driver obtaining or renewing any licence class or endorsement beyond your 75th birthday
Renewing for seniors
Once you turn 75 there are a few changes to the process for renewing your driver licence:
- your new licence will be valid for only two to five years
- the drivers licence renewal fees are lower – because you’re renewing your licence more often
- you need to present a medical certificate each time you apply
- if recommended by your doctor, you will have to sit a 30-minute on-road safety test
Please ring and make an appointment for your driving medical. Consultations for a drivers licence medicals are $50.
For more information, visit the NZTA website here.